Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Companies being charged for overweight employees in Japan

I came across this video and I was so shocked. The government of  Japan is now requiring that the employees of companies weigh in. If they have a waist over 33" the companies are charged fines. This of course has forced the companies to take some drastic measures. They now have work out breaks, and their cafeteria is very limited in terms of what they can eat. Actually, as I'm typing this that doesn't really sound so bad does it? I think the national regulation is what makes it taboo. If you joined a company that only served 600 calorie meals, and had time in during the day where you could work out, wouldn't you apply? I know I would. I don't think that there is anything wrong with the companies doing this however, I don't like the feeling of being "forced" to do anything. Maybe that's just the American in me.

Watch the video and tell me what you think.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...