Thursday, January 5, 2012

Plus blogger Tanesha Awasthi graces billboard in Times Square

Popular plus blogger/beauty Tanesha Awasthi of Girl With Curves  is on a billboard in Times Square for Forever 21. This is absolutely amazing and I am so happy for her! The industry is really coming full circle, not only in terms of inclusion of Plus women but also respecting other forms of media.

I caught up with Tanesha regarding this milestone and she states "It's an amazing feeling see myself on a Billboard in Times Square.  Blogging means so much to me, because of what it stands f

Sparkle & Shineor. My major purpose for blogging, is to encourage curvy girls of every size, to embrace their natural, beautiful bodies and feel confident in their clothes. I truly believe that when you're confident in your appearance, your beauty and confidence shines from within.

I'm extremely thankful and flattered that a major retailer like Forever 21 saw something in me and my blog. This is a major accomplishment not only for me personally, but for my fellow curvy girls around the globe. This just proves that there's more than enough room for fuller figures in the mainstream fashion industry.

Affordable, fashion-forward clothing isn't something I take for granted, so I'm ecstatic to have the support of a company like Forver 21. They understand the importance of dressing girls and women of all shapes and sizes, and I'm proud to be a loyal customer.   My hope is that more retailers and designers follow suit, by extending their lines to include clothing for the average (aka plus size) consumer"



Congratulations Tanesha and we look forward to your continued success. You can connect with her through her blog  http://GirlWithCurves.tumblr.com. and facebook  https://www.facebook.com/GirlWithCurves



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...