Friday, January 6, 2012

PUSH

  A few months ago I posted the article "Journey To My Goal Weight". The plan was to document my weight loss progress over the coming months, change my eating habits, my mind set, and finally take the necessary steps to get to where I wanted to be. That was the plan. The thing about plans is- they don't always work out the way you plan. Things happened- life continued to happen. I had to pull more hours at work, my car broke down, I got it fixed, it broke down again; kids got sick, I got sick. I got angry, frustrated and resentful. Finally I got sick and tired of being sick and tired. I wasn't eating, I was stressing, the little sleep I got was not restful, I was tired, mentally, physically, spiritually and emotionally.

Now I was raised in church. So I know first hand the power of prayer. I also know that the Bible says to train up a child in the way that he should go. That means certain things you are to instill in a child early on , so that it will always stick with them even when they are grown and decide to go their own way. For instance, growing up we had to have manners and respect our elders; saying yes mam and no sir was not an option it was demanded. I still say yes mam and no sir to my elders as do my children. So I began to pray. That's another thing my momma instilled in me. Sometimes you cant go to your parents, your friends or anybody else. Some things you have to take to God. That's when my mind set changed. It wasn't about the planning, it wasn't about trying to keep a schedule. Life was going to happen, things that I didn't plan for where going to happen. I had to figure out a way to work around those things to get where I wanted to be. I had to see my obstacles as opportunities to succeed in spite of what my situation looked like. It wasn't just an opportunity for me to succeed though; it's an opportunity for God to show up and show me that he hasn't forgotten me and he is still working on my behalf, even when I feel alone.


Not to get too preachy, but this is how I formed a new outlook. I decided to stop making plans, resolutions or what ever you want to call it. I decided to just do it. I had to take the advice that I had given all of my friends. I had to make a choice and start working towards making it happen, regardless of everything else that said I should quit. The last Friday in December someone stole the catalytic converter off my car while I was at work. I was upset, but there was nothing I could do. I chose to see the blessing; I had a job to be able to pay to fix it. I came home with my kids, got in a workout we ate dinner watched a movie and that was that. We spent the weekend playing video games, watching movies, reading stories, spending quality family time. At least we still had a home and food on our table. I work out Monday through Friday in spite of what my situation is and in spite of how I feel. I know if I push through now, I will reap the rewards later. I do it because I decided to let go and let God. I have lost 7 lbs in 2 weeks. As the inches melt away its motivation to keep going. Our circumstances don't change the fact that God is still God; and even when you don't feel him near he is there. Life is going to happen. How you choose to deal with it will determine a lot. I choose to P.U.S.H- pray until something happens. Whether that something is a new mind set, a burden being lifted, or a door being opened, keep pushing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...