Tuesday, August 23, 2011

SPOTLIGHT MODEL..Christina Mendez Q&As









How long have you been modeling and how did you start?
I started modeling while I was in High School but when I went away to college and later had my son, I quickly
put modeling on the back burner.
I came back into the industry as a plus size model in 2006
.
What designers would you love to work with?
I would love to work with Michael Kors.
Who inspires you?
Heidi Klum is one of my inspirations. She appears to be an amazing mom, wife, business women and model. As a mother I know how hard it is to do it all and she is someone who truly makes it look effortless.
Where do you see yourself in the next 10 yrs ?
I pray daily and rely on God to lead me and use me. How
ever, I would like to continue doing what I love which is inspire and motivate others to follow their dreams, cont
inue being a apart of plus size history and rip a few more runways. :)
What other projects are you working on?
Over the summer I directed and co-produced a documentary about Dads, which will be hitting the film festival circuit soon. I am extremely proud of this project because I took the lea

p of faith and tried something totally different and out of my element. Feel free to view the trailer at www.documentaryaboutdads.com.
Any advice for those that are looking to get started as a plus model?
Follow your dreams no matter how hard or far off it seems….when you least expect it you will get the breakthrough you always dreamed of. I suggest all models to be re
ady to work hard, sometimes work for free, work long hours, loss friends and understand that this industry isn’t glamorous ALL THE TIME. Be mentally prepared to hear more NOs than YES. If you don’t have an agent, use the internet and networking to find gigs. Stay positive at all times and DON’T GIVE UP
How can others get into contact with you?

They can visit my official website at www.christinamendez.com. My website will also link them to my Facebook, YouTube channel & Twitter account. I love to hear from my fans so feel free to contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...