Friday, July 15, 2011

Fashion Fridays - One Size Fits All! Your Beauty Must-Haves.

When my alarm goes off in the morning, I press snooze.  At least three times.

After feeding my dog, trying on five different outfits and going back to the first one, and looking endlessly for the left shoe of the only pair that feels right for the day (see what I did there?), I'm already running fifteen minutes late to work with a granola bar hanging out of my mouth.  Needless to say, sometimes when I get to work I'm looking a little disheveled, and need a few products that do a lot to help me out, and to get the job done quickly.  Sure this is a fashion blog, but no matter the season or the body type, makeup can make a woman feel great about herself.  And although I have a tackle box full of makeup at home, most days I need to fit my beauty essentials in my bag.  Taking my most vital products from my less-than-pretty morning routine, I bring you the five beauty essentials that will make even the sleepiest girl look gorgeous in a flash:

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer, $11.29
 
I sort of feel like I'm cheating by considering this as one product, but oh well.  This stuff is great!  It gives you SPF (which you should be using daily...really), Retinol, and a super sheer color to even out your skin without looking cakey.  


Hard Candy Glow All The Way Face & Body Luminizer in Doll Face, $8.00

This is another incredible, multi-use product that I always carry with me.  I've loved Hard Candy since it was crazy expensive, but now that it's at Walmart, I love it even more.  I bought this stuff because I was inspired by What Not To Wear's Carmondy, who always insists on highlighting the inner corners of the eye, under the brow bone, under the eyes, and on the tops of cheekbones.  I've searched high and low for a product that was glowy enough to be visible, but not so sparkly that I look like Edward Cullen.  This, my friends, is the perfect balance.
Shu Uemera Eyelash Curler, $16.00
 
Although this eyelash curler is a bit pricier than what you may find at a drugstore, this thing is golden.  I got one when I started wearing makeup (which is longer ago than I care to share), and I have literally been using the same one ever since.  It works wonders on my stick-straight lashes, and the curl lasts.  Best of all, it works just as well as it did the day I got it, and I am not nice to my beauty tools.  

Maybelline The Colossal Mascara, $7.49
Once upon a time, I only had eyes (ha!) for CoverGirl Lash Blast, until this guy came along.  It gives the perfect mix of volume and length, and doesn't clump--and I wear a lot of mascara.  It really can't be beat.

Physicians Formula Powder Palette Blush, Blushing Nude, $10.99
Finding a good blush is really hard.  This one is a little pink-y, a little bronze-y, and layers really, er...natural-y to give you the perfect wide awake and rested look, even when you're anything but. 



The best part about these products is that not only do they work, but they're crazy affordable.  You can get everything above for about fifty bucks, which will make you feel good about being good to yourself.  And when you feel good, then you know you'll look beautiful! Happy shopping!

-Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...