Monday, February 20, 2012

Loving Your Star Player...

 
After years of disliking myself, I made a promise to myself as I turned 33 to live my life differently.  I was determined to love the person who was staring back at me in the mirror everyday.  As the days go by, I love me more and more.

Wouldn’t you know that as I put more love into myself, more love came my way.  After years of chasing a man who could have cared less, another man entered my life saying  that he liked me as is.  Did you hear me?  As is!!!  Although I am cautiously optimistic, I feel peaceful knowing no matter what happens, I will be fine.  I am going to keep loving myself regardless.

I have been wanting to write this post for a while because I feel like most people walk around everyday hating themselves.  They pick at every little thing they think is wrong with them and show themselves no love.   As a consequence, they are short tempered with everyone else and are pretty difficult to deal with all the time.

But loving yourself doesn’t have to be hard or fake.  It just is.  It’s about appreciating yourself for who you are, what you bring to the table, and letting your light shine.  It’s about being real with who you are and loving yourself no matter what you do.

When you love yourself, you will no longer stand for people treating you with anything less than respect.  You will not tolerate pettiness, mistreatment or abuse.  When you love yourself, you signal to others how to treat you.

I am a living witness to the power of self-love.  People actually treat me better today than they have at any other period in my life.  Loving myself allows others to love me as I am.  I am still a BIG Girl in the City and I am standing tall and looking good.

I challenge you to fall in love with yourself in 2012.  You too will see that loving yourself has beautiful effects!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...